Raising up breakthrough believers for this generation

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Thoughts On My Iloilo Experience

“Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassion never fail.”  - Lamentations 3:21-22  

I was in Iloilo City last weekend for work and ministry. I had the great opportunity to minister together with some friends who are also into prophetic ministry. It was a great time to see God move in great heights as both young and old received restoration, encouragement and blessings during the event.



Significantly, almost 3/4 of the crowd were young people, they were scattered everywhere - sitting by twos on chairs, squatting on the floor and standing at the back. There was a group ageing 14 years old and as old as college students everywhere. Indeed, God is fulfilling his promise to raise up a generation for his purposes to be fulfilled in this season.

I had mixed emotions ministering to them last Saturday. Some of the people I've ministered to where young people who've been through a lot of difficult and shattering circumstances. Some have just learned that their parents are separating, students who fear for their future and even their own challenges accepting their personality identity. These are just some of the many concerns that they were pouring out when I started praying for them.




Looking at what happened last Saturday let me to think through a lot of things. I even asked myself on how can God move in this generation wherein difficult circumstances envelope their life? If only I could do something to turn their situation around.  

Like the stories I've heard, I've been through a lot growing up and it is only because of God's grace and favor that I'm still alive and kicking. I also saw how the Holy Spirit moved through me with the gift of wisdom and knowledge when dealing with difficult kids and their situations before. 

My own experiences growing up in a broken home led me to minister effectively to young people. God's unending favor in my life, even with my current work and ministry opportunities speaks of a bright future I never thought of before. But more importantly, my own circumstances led me closer to the Lord and not far away from him. 


I may never know what will happen to the youth I've prayed with but I'm certain that God is in control in their situations. I know that God will mold them and prepare them for a good future. He will never leave nor forsake them even in their darkest hour and even in their triumphs.

My prayer is that this generation will not pray for an easy life or an easy way out of life but they will pray for strength, wisdom and will draw closer to God through their circumstances because He never fails. 

Indeed, Christ's invitation for the abundant life includes difficult experiences that will produce more grace, more wisdom and more favor coming from him.

But above all, I know God will produce in them the very purpose of his calling for this generation and, it will always be good just like how God made mine. ;-)

[Pictures are courtesy of Pastor Elaine]
Share:

0 shoutouts:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Definition List

Unordered List

Support